Identifying an anger problem
If you have found that your anger feels like it is out of control, and you are experiencing “blow ups”, or expressing your anger in other ways that you are not proud of, then anger is likely to be a problem for you. If someone has mentioned to you that you may have an anger problem, then you probably do. If you are noticing that your fuse is shorter and you can’t tolerate things like you used to, then you may have an anger problem.
Impatience is another sign of anger issues. If anger has got you in trouble in your relationships, your workplace, or with the law, then anger is probably a problem for you. If you feel that you go from 0 to 100 quickly, then anger is a problem for you.
Why is it important to get help for anger?
Anger is a normal human emotion which everyone experiences from time to time. Anger as an emotion is not a problem if handled correctly, but the expression of anger can be a problem. Anger could be a symptom of a more severe underlying problem such as depression or bipolar disorder, or could be a consequence of stress, sleep disturbance, or a number of other factors. Anger, if left untreated, will eventually affect many of your close relationships, your work performance, and is the type of problem that may get worse over time.
Anger sufferers often turn to substances such as alcohol and marijuana to control their anger, but this only makes things worse in the long run. Whether you think it is a problem or not, anger can be intimidating and uncomfortable for those around you!!
How could you benefit by seeing Dr Paul Bowden of Go Psychology
The good news about anger is that it is a learned behavior, so it can also be unlearned.
When attending for anger management at Go Psychology you will learn:
- The 5 types of anger and be able to identify which types your anger expression fits into.
- How to scale your anger and identify it before you reach boiling point
- The triggers that lead you to get angry
- How to self monitor and why it is so important in beating anger
- A simple strategy known as the STOP technique to deal with your anger
- The factors that are contributing to your anger, including the 5 S’s and develop ways to manage these factors.
- Why the way you think, particularly, your expectations, play a significant role in your anger, and you will learn strategies to change your thinking.
Don’t keep repeating the cycle of anger as it will eventually impact your life and the costs can be life changing.
You will be surprised how easy it is to overcome anger with psychological treatment with Dr Bowden, an anger management expert on the Gold Coast.
As always, if you or any family member need assistance or treatment we are here to help, don’t wait!
You can contact us 24 hours, 7 days a week on 07 5580 9212 or visit our contact us page for more information.