Sport & Performance Psychology
Dr Paul Bowden, of Go Psychology, Gold Coast, has a passion for working in the area of sport and performance psychology. Dr Bowden is a clinical and performance psychologist and brings a positive approach to working with athletes. He has completed a Doctor of Clinical Psychology and brings a wealth of knowledge to assisting athletes to identify and overcome and blockages to improving their performance and learn many secrets to increasing mental toughness in sport.
If you are an athlete keen to improve your performance and work on the mental side of your sport and performance then consider Dr Bowden of Go Psychology.
Improving your mental toughness is vital in modern day sport, and may give you the small edge missing over your competitors.
You will learn tips such as how to:
- Improve your self belief
- Manage negative thinking, and create a winning attitude
- Overcome poor performances from the past
- Set clear goals to improve your performance
- Learn how to improve your muscle memory and automaticity
- Manage performance impairing anxiety and emotion
- Maintain your professionalism as an athlete (to keep you reputation and profile flourishing) and ensure you are only in the spotlight for reasons you will be proud of
- Ensure your personal life is not providing any blockages to your performance
Dr Bowden brings a range of evidence based psychological therapies to his work with athletes including:
- Acceptance and Commitment Training (ACT)
- Mindfulness and visualisation
- Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR) – great for overcoming those poor performances from the past
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and relaxation training
Please make contact to discuss the next step to improving your performance, and gaining that vital edge on your competitors.